Thursday, January 3, 2013

Birthdays, Smirthdays

Ahhhh….I’m 28!!! 
I cannot believe that I’ve reached this point in my life.  I think this is officially adulthood although I’ll still regress to a child-like state from time to time, this is the age of career moves, relationships, marriage, families, 401Ks, ugh the stuff my parents used to talk about. 

The funny thing is I’m starting to talk about it, too. I’ve recently been analyzing the difference between PPO and HMO and discussing FICA and state income taxes, and it’s becoming part of my normalcy. Weird, how we get here?

I remember my 21st, it was so anticipated and I was super excited to legally be able to purchase alcohol and not wander around bars and clubs with Magic Marker X’s on my hands. I don’t really remember 22-24 it was a cluster. I think there was Tampa, Orlando, and New York and somewhere in between I’m sure there were celebrations with my loved ones; Maricel, Ashley, Sarah, Lisa, and Heather always seem to sneak into a photo.

New York City, Bryant Park 2006 with Ashley

Then there was 25 in Miami, the ending of an era, Bobby Bowden’s era, but also the ending of my “youth”. Although my birthday celebrations were very exciting I think I finished off 2009 with a dramatic display. As my friend Lisa recalls,

“You were on the floor sobbing about how you were supposed to be a millionaire, married to a millionaire or famous by now.”

At a young age I guess those were my goals by the age of 25, but it was a quick realization that plans may not pan out as you had hoped. Birthdays after that, have always been a “big deal”, since my day of birth falls on a national holiday, but they just don’t have the same appeal as 18 or 21.
Set Night Club, Miami 2009 with Sylvia, Maricel, Ashley, Kelli, and Lisa
I rang in year 26 in Atlanta at the Chik-Fil-A Bowl and luckily enough FSU won which was perfection, 27 was spent at the House of Blues in San Diego and now year 28, my third New Year’s with Tyler and I couldn’t be happier, feel luckier, and more blessed or old LOL. 

Our 1st NYE at One Midtown Kitchen in Atlanta, GA 

2 Moons Breaking it Down at Ivy, San Diego 2012
No matter what, it’s just hard to believe I’m this age. It is going by so fast, my friends are engaged, having babies and we're living the dream 3,000 miles away. I love everything about my life and my friends’ and families’ so I wish them nothing but the best and hope this year has a big and bright future for everyone.

~Happy 2013~ 
Let's Go Year, I’m ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment