Thursday, August 4, 2011

Untitled

Persistent

Inconsistency has prevented improvement
frustrated at mother ocean
she responds to my pessimism
engulfing my tiny body in her foamy fingers
she throws me onto the kelp dressed shore
bruised, scraped, humbled

Ambivalent

Releasing my aggravation into the sky
I re-enter her soothing waters
this time she greets me with peacefulness
a calm glassy paddle out

the sun joins us
an encouraging duo
whispers to the wind, small peaks form
I look out towards the horizon

your eyes meet mine, you smile and wave me down
“YEW!”
A shrill loud, but comforting
arms burning with each stroke
knees bent and pushing my body forward
lunging as playfully as a newborn dolphin

Pop-up, half kneeling
a short lived ride
the horizon is blending together as the sun sinks into green
impairing my vision I can only see the white of your smile
sparkling with pride

I make my way back to you
masculine hands reach out to mine
you pull me, indulgently towards you
cool salty lips touch mine

We watch the sun set and the earth go dark

No comments:

Post a Comment