Monday, October 31, 2011

Our 48 hours in San Francisco, Saturday


I absolutely love to travel especially when I’m visiting friends, have a free place to stay and a couple of bills in my pocket.  I tried to make our weekend as worthwhile and budget friendly as possible so I booked our Saturday flight at 7:00AM which had us up and running at 4:30AM.

Although we were tired and a little under the weather we were excited about our little adventure. First things first, locating a bar to watch our Seminoles and luckily we found Blue Light the San Francisco FSU Alum bar. Thankfully it was a blow out against NC State.
Blue Light, I took a little nap in the booth.

Then we were off on an exclusive walking tour of the Bay area. I’d been when I was younger, but didn’t remember much so of course I forced everyone into the touristy thing.  They trooped it up.

Boys looking at the Bay.



 The Fisherman's Wharf was pretty crowded we just cruised by on foot.
















 This place was amazing. We had a World Famous Sundae and I saw how their chocolate was made. Free smells.









The Buena Vista
This is where Irish Coffee originated.  Unbeknownst to me it contained a large amount of alcohol, whisky that is.  They warm up the glasses with hot water then pour it out, drop a sugar cube at the bottom pour a 1/4 boiling hot coffee, 3/4 whisky, and a little whipping cream to sweeten the deal.




Monk Fish















The last stop on our little Saturday stroll was China town.  It was quite the culture shock. A few steps into Chinatown and you could swear you were in a different country.  The lifestyle and community is so different from the American way of life.  Even though we saw scary fish like this staring at us, we had to eat at a Dim Sum spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment