Friday, October 7, 2011

Time for Business

Aside from the beach bike rides, Padres baseball games, endless burritos, waves, sunshine, hikes and etc. we had to buckle down and get serious. We've had a lot of fun being out here and have fortunately been able to do and see quite a bit, but there's still so much more to see.  That exploration drives us to work hard and play hard and luckily both of us have secured legitimate jobs that we love.

I was working part time at Bird Rock Surf Shop , but unfortunately minimum wage was only going to get me so far. Tyler was trying to concentrate on his thesis and preparations to finish up his master's in psychology, but with the need for both of us to work we had to continuously apply for jobs and keep our fingers crossed especially when the FUNds got low.

After much persistence on July 14, 2011 I was hired as a Project Coordinator at SEO, Inc.  I love my job, co-workers and industry.  I never thought I would be working in an internet marketing environment,  but it is really interesting and I'm learning new things everyday. The bonus is I get to write on a regular basis and that's a big plus.

Shortly after my employment offer, Tyler applied for a position and was hired rather quickly at the San Diego Reader, a weekly publication in our city.  He's the Digital Media Coordinator and is very happy about his position.  It's exactly what he wanted to do. 

We have been very fortunate over the past few months, so please don't stop wishing us well and sending your love and positive vibes to the west coast.

California suits us.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment