Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thank You Hollywood

"Adjustment Bureau" Now out on DVD



When it comes to TV and movies I'm usually the last one to know what's going on. I'd much rather be outdoors splashing around in the water or under a tree with a good book, but from time to time I do love a good, no wait, great movie.  Of course I'm aloof to "what's new" or "hot" in entertainment so I turn
to my best friend, Ashley who is a movie, film, sitcom guru, so to speak, she may love the movies as much as she loves the popcorn, but never the less she is my go to.  She recommended this movie as an addition to my Sunday hangover cure.  Obviously I had to preface that my boyfriend would be watching and she said he’d like it just as much as I would.  Thus, we get the movie and watch it.  All I have to say is thank you George Nolfi for directing such a good movie.  My primary appreciation stemmed from was that unbeknownst to him my boyfriend just watched a modern love story, a romantic movie if you will. Of course it wasn’t The Notebook, which he refuses to watch even if it would change my "time of the month" mood, but regardless The Adjustment Bureau had a hero and a heroine, romantic undertones and a happy ending.  Nolfi casts Matt Damon (um, hello uber bro) and artfully displays the labyrinth of doors in such a Sci-Fi manner he was completely detached from the happily ever after. I have to admit I was too, until it hit me after the suspense had subsided.  Alas, great movie, no tissues needed but it left me smiling in that "awwww" sort of way.  Add it to your NetFlix queue and watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment