Friday, July 29, 2011

This Sexy Little Thing

 

Thank you to the individual who uploaded this, extended it and flipped the screen to the other side.

When it comes to working out having upper body strength seems to be fairly difficult for most women.  We want to use weights, but we don’t want to bulk up.  I remember my college days when I knew nothing about fitness I was working out with my boyfriend at the time and doing his Back/Bi and Chest/Tri routines with smaller weights, of course.  It wasn’t advantageous for me as his goal was to get and look bigger.  As it turned out to it started doing the same for me.  I began to look like a female body builder and that’s not a good look for most petite women.  
After that experience I just gave up the idea of strength training and weights all together. I just dedicated my time to swimming, surfing, running and any outdoor activity that didn’t fall under the confinements of a gym.  Cardio was helping, but I wasn’t achieving the lean lines and toned muscles. My legs looked great, but my arms were not up to par.  I didn’t want the teacher jiggle or the “cat’s butt” (the little area of armpit fat between your arm and your chest that when smushed looks like a cat’s butt) a named created by my girlfriend and I. 
After scouring women’s fitness magazines and referring to various videos, I came across Tracy Anderson’s method.  She was someone that was all the rage in Hollywood a few years ago and although she’s tapered off into the quieter life I think her popularity still stands amongst the female fitness community.  Her method is simple.  It is a concentration on small muscles groups that combine light weights, like 1 to 3 pounds, nothing over and more repetitions.  It sounds simple and it is.  Don’t think simple means easy.  You definitely feel the burn.
Her goal was to create a workout that gave women long, lean muscles to achieve a sexy and feminine look. I want to look and feel strong, but I don’t want to look like Hulk Hogan.  She sells her DVDs on the internet, but I turned to Youtube.com and used this workout this morning after my 6AM run.  It’s great! Someone edited the snippet and extended it to a 10 minute routine that has 40 reps of each workout.  Live Healthy and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment