Monday, July 18, 2011

Tribal Fever

I’ve caught Tribal Fever. I know it’s all the rage, but apparently I may be taking it overboard. What can I say? I’m just obsessed with the Native American inspired prints and colors of Summer 2011.
Recently my boyfriend told me I’m officially Pocahontas.  Of course I took that as a compliment.  I’m fully embracing the idea of being a native, even if it is of fashion.  I’m rocking the braided hair, ethnic prints and loose flowing fabrics. 
Score this look at http://www.forever21.com without breaking the bank!



And it’s more than just the clothes.  It’s the accessories!  The feathered earrings and hair pieces are everywhere.  It’s hard to ignore such a unique and earthy trend. 


I found earrings similar to these at a local boutique they were a bit pricey so I took a hack at making them myself.  I learned that although I have a creative mind the execution didn’t quite represent itself the way I anticipated.  I was still destined to become a feathered earring owner so I took another route and visited a local farmer’s market.  Success! I found local artists who sell their crafts for reasonable prices.  Support your local artists, jewelry makers and farmers!  Buy Local. 

Check out Savvy-J, a friend of a friend’s beautiful creations!!! Contact savy.jay.jewels@gmail.com for more information.
It’s our fashion minded homage to Mother Nature. Give me a drum and a feathered headdress and I’ll break into song and dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment